Empower your future by daring to believe in what you can become!
Cary and I worked together on content creation for families with college students. Cary has a wealth of knowledge for students and young adults and is an absolute pleasure to work with.
-Jocelyn Pearson, The Scholarship System
“As a professional counselor, I value how Dr. Green has young adults take inventory of strengths and weaknesses, as well as values and life balance. His work is impressive and useful. Dr. Green has developed a comprehensive road map for young adults to follow as they head into high school, college, and career.”
—Jami Kirkbride Licensed Professional Counselor, Author of The You Zoo.
I developed this course to help Christian high school and college students grow in their faith, develop skills to succeed in the classroom, and to prepare for a successful career.
My ultimate goal is leading you to walk in fellowship with God and in accordance with His call on your life. Reaching this goal will allow you to be who God calls you to be and to do what God calls you to do.
Did you know…
Students who take an extra year or two to graduate lose about $68,000/year in college expenses and lost income, on average.
Many students have a gap between their performance in the classroom and their true ability. You will discover in this course skills to help you close that gap.
You also will discover key skills that employers are looking for. You will learn how to develop, document, and showcase your skills to employers.
This course will equip you to:
Reach your academic potential.
Develop the skills and experiences sought by employers.
Who is this course for?
This course is for you if you are a high school or college student who wants to...
✔ Deepen your Christian faith
✔ Develop key academic success skills for high school and college
✔ Develop leadership skills
✔ Build soft skills that employers seek:
✔ Document and articulate skills on college and scholarship applications
Parents and teachers, do you want to equip your student with skills and experiences essential for success in high school, college, and career? If so, this Christian-oriented course is a great resource for you.
These application workbooks are designed to be used in conjunction with my Success Skills for High School, College, and Career books and online course (Teachable.com\skills4students.com, coming soon). These free workbooks contain additional examples, exercises, tips, and worksheets to help you deepen and personalize your success skills development.
(1) U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics, Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), Winter 2016–17, Graduation Rates component. See Digest of Education Statistics 2017, table 326.10.
(2) U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics. (2019). Digest of Education Statistics, 2017 (NCES 2018-070), Chapter 3.
(3) National Association of Colleges and Employers. Fall 2019 Salary Survey Executive Summary. Retrieved April 3, 2020 from National Association of Colleges and Employers: https://www.naceweb.org/uploadedfiles/files/2019/publication/executive-summary/2019-nace-salary-survey-fall-executive-summary.pdf
(4) National Association of Colleges and Employers. (2017, April 3). Job Outlook 2016: The Attributes Employers Want to See on New College Graduates’ Resumes. Retrieved from Naceweb.org: http://www.naceweb.org/career-development/trends-and-predictions/job-outlook-2016-attributes-employers-want-to-see-on-new-college-graduates-resumes/
(5) Adecco Staffing. The American Skills Gap is Real. Retrieved March 31, 2020, from Adecco Staffing: https://www.adeccousa.com/employers/resources/skills-gap-in-the-american-workforce/